Tuesday 19 July 2016

BookTube-A-Thon 2016

I've seen a lot of "Booktube-a-thon" videos on my fav Booktuber's channels, but for some reason unbeknownst to me, I never checked them out, until yesterday, when one of my friends (Arzoo from My Book Zoo) told me about it, and well, what can I tell ya, I was sold after looking at the reading challenges. So, I binged watched all the booktube-a-thon related vids and got around to setting my TBR (very, very carefully)

For those of you who aren't aware, Booktube-a-thon is an annual readathon hosted by Ariel (my FAV BOOKTUBER OF ALL TIMES), typically, it's a 7-day reading challenge, where readers breeze through one book per day. However, this isn't mandatory, and we can read as many books as we wish to. Throughout the week there are video prompts, Instagram photo challenges, twitter sprints. and LOADS OF GIVEAWAYS! Just a couple (hundreds) of nerds, setting unrealistic tbrs and achieving the unachievable! This year it's happening from 18th July to 24th July of 2016.

For further details check their youtube channel out, here.

Since I have a pretty rough week, (all my weeks are going to be pretty rough this year, thank you, college) I've kept my tbr pretty simple, realistic, and achievable. (so much for not being adventurous)
But first, here are the reading challenge prompts;

The 2016 Reading Challenges:
1/ Read a book with yellow on the cover.
2/ Read a book only after sunset.
3/ Read a book you discovered through booktube.
4/ Read a book by one of your favourite authors.
5/ Read a book that is older than you.
6/ Read and watch a book-to-movie adaptation.
7/ Read seven books.

I've picked,

Harry potter and the Half Blood Prince by JK Rowling, which will meet the following criteria - book with yellow on the cover, book by my FAV author, and a book turned into a movie. I'm a proud Potterhead and I'll re-read Harry Potter any chance/reason/excuse I get. (Also, reading this book for the #mugglestowizards annual Potter readathon, one book, two book marathons, am I a genius at setting up TBRs or whaaaaa)

And the second book I'll be reading is, Animal Farm by George Orwell, this qualifies for a book that's older than me, a book that I'm going to read only after sunset, and a book that I was introduced to by Booktube. Now, who doesn't know George Orwell or Animal Farm or 1984? I do know him, but it was only after watching Ariel gush over this author in almost all her videos, that I thought of, you know, giving it a chance. First Orwell, how exciting!


Here's a sneak peek of my bullet journal (I'm still in the process of discovering what works for me and what doesn't, will do a series of posts once I figure things out)


Let's hope I come out victorious on the other side, you can follow my booktube-a-thon updates on Instagram, Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter. (Yes, I'm a social media queen *crown emoji*)

Are you participating in this year's Booktube-a-Thon? Share your TBRs maybe? Have you read these books? Are you an Orwell fan? 

Update: I could only read HP & the half blood prince, and very little of Animal Farm. There's always a next time, right?


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog! I've never tapped into the booktuber world, mostly because those videos are usually longer than I have time for, but I did go pop over to Ariel's channel really quick and it's nice that her videos are shorter! I hope you had success with the booktube-a-thon :D Sounds like some seriously lofty goals!!
    Ali @ thebandarblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      Some booktubers do make really long videos, I prefer the shorter one's too :) Thank you so much for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com